Friday, June 17, 2016

Cultivate Confusion Endurance

Cultivate Confusion Endurance


According to (Gelb, 1999), "the Sfumato principle touches the essence of being. Just as day follows night, our capacity for joy is born in sorrow." As I see it, this is so very deep, I think that Gelb is saying that if you have never know joy then it is impossible for you to experience sorrow, if not how would you know the difference.

The task for this blog is to develop my Da Vincian powers by nurturing confusion endurance, we will look at Joy and Sorrow Intimacy and Independence, Good and Evil, Change and Constancy, Humility and Pride, Goals and Process and finally Life and Death.

Let's first look at Joy and Sorrow:
The saddest moment s in my life was when I lost my mother. Moments in my life when I was the happiest was the birth of my son, my wedding day and graduating from college. The relationship between my happiness times was sharing these moments with my mother, which is why the saddest time was losing her because I knew I wouldn't get to share these moments with her again. I agree that, "the highest happiness becomes the cause of unhappiness..." I don't agree that the highest moments of sadness becomes the cause of happiness.

Intimacy and Independence:
I believe that there can be a connection between intimacy and independence. As I see it, affection and freedom can have a connection, but I also believe you can have one without the other. The connection can cause anxiety, however I also believe the connection can be the end result of happiness.

Strength and Weakness:
My greatest strengths consist of:
  • Strong Faith
  • Good Family member
  • Great with Friendship
My greatest weaknesses consist of:
  • Frustration
  • Admitting my faults
  • Ending relationships
How are the qualities in these list related?
  • I have to have strong faith, because if I don't I will be easily frustrated.
  • Family will always let you know your faults and this can be beneficial if you are one that can't admit your faults on your own.
  • I am a darn good friend, but I have trouble letting go when a friendship goes bad and it is imperative to let go.
Good and Evil:
I have had feelings of  very strong dislike for others to the point where I wanted to impose pain. I have had moments where I imagine people falling from very tall buildings. I think what kept me from making these evil thoughts a reality was knowing the good in me. I believe that our good has to over rule your evil.

Change and Consistency:
As I reflect on the biggest changes in my life I think of having a child. Before I had a child I worked day and night. After having a child I work day and night, some things never change even though they should sometimes.

I got married to a wonderful man many years ago, before I married him I enjoyed photography and videography. After marrying him I open a photography and videography business. My passion for photography and videography stayed the same, the different is I have increased my passions.

In 2009, I was employed with Savannah State University as a trainer, I left in 2012 and moved to Louisville, Kentucky as a trainer for the Kentucky Department of Education. I moved back to Savannah, Georgia in 2015. I still serve as a trainer for Savannah State University. Passions never change even if careers do.

Humility and Pride:
I think that these two terms can mean the same, I have had moments where it was not imperative to tell the world that I had a great accomplishment because the task was private, it was a victory for me and not for others. I was proud that it was pointed out, but it would have felt no different if it had not. Some times I think you can have pride and humility depending on your focus.

Goals and Process:
When I was employed with the Kentucky Department of Education (KDE)  I put together my first Digital Symposium. The goal was to get the word out about digital integration and let teachers know that KDE was not the enemy to the school system, but rather a support system.

Because KDE didn't have the best reputation as a caring support system I knew that I would need buy-in and strong supports. I formed a committee of hard working individuals and disseminated responsibilities to complete the task. Mission complete and yes I felt fulfilled. I didn't do it along, and it felt better because I had help. Does the end justify the means? Sure!

Life and Death:
"Life Is Not Measured By the Number of Breaths We Take, But By the Moments That Take Our Breath Away."

It's funny how we look at death, some find that it is a celebration when your faith tell you that it is better to be in the bosom of Abraham. Some say I am not ready for death, because I have not lived. I think the viewpoint of Life and Death is personal.

For me life is true love, deep laughter, awesome educational engagement and rock out entertainment. When you don't experience these things then you have experience death!






No comments:

Post a Comment