Friday, June 10, 2016

First Blogging Assignment - Creativity          

           
Why is creativity important to you?
Creativity is important to me because it is my one independent strength. What some people called weird and strange at one time in my life, today they view as creativity. 

(Gelb, 1998), suggest that "you are gifted with virtually unlimited potential for learning and creativity."  What a statement, if for no other reason creativity is important to me because it is a source of power, a pathway for passion and personal purpose.

How do you see creativity in yourself?
When I was young my mother would always say that I marched to the beat of a different drummer. I don't always follow the leader or agree with the masses. I have always had my own ideas about the way certain things should be. I would say that the creativity in me would be my ability to stand alone and be OK.

How do you see creativity in your work environment?
I see my creativity in the work place as one who finds innovative or even creative solutions for people from all walks of life.

I had several students who needed Microsoft Office on their computer and the professor would not accept an alternative word processor. The students told me they had no money to purchase Microsoft Word and I told them that they didn't need a dime. I took them into the lab and showed them how to use their 365 app that is free for them which included the Microsoft office suite as well as other apps that I was sure they could find useful.

I also had a director who ask me to research some software that she could purchase because they needed to make videos as well needed a screen recorder. I told the director you already have the apps you need to do that in PowerPoint. I explained that PowerPoint has a free plug-in called Office Mix and it includes tabs for screen recording and making videos.

I think my creativity in the work environment is finding creative solutions.



1 comment:

  1. I think your job requires creativity - how else can you train teachers to use technology? You're probably brimming over with creativity. :-)

    ReplyDelete